- Police Department
Our mission is to serve the citizens of Old Westbury and to provide safety and an improved quality of life in our community through excellence in policing.
Members of the Department shall do their utmost to preserve the rights of citizens and reduce fear in the community through the prevention of crime, protection of persons, property, and the maintenance of order in public places.
It is essential for all members to understand that in the execution of their duties, they act not for themselves, but for the public good, and that they do so with fairness, integrity, fidelity, zeal, and sound judgment. Members must also remain committed to excellence in service, personal performance, and professionalism, and should always treat each other with fairness, loyalty, and respect.
The Old Westbury Police Department has been serving the community since 1924. There are currently 29 sworn members of the Old Westbury Police Department consisting of the Chief of Police, one Lieutenant, five Sergeants, two Detectives and 20 Police Officers. There is also a civilian staff of five dispatchers and a police secretary. The Old Westbury Police Department serves a community of over 4,700 residents and an area covering close to nine square miles. Included within the boundaries of Old Westbury are two public high schools and three college campuses. As a result, the effective population increases substantially on any given day. The Department operates a patrol bureau, detective bureau and handles its own communication call center for receiving and dispatching calls for service including 911 calls. In 2022, the Old Westbury Police Department handled over 7,700 calls for service.
Request an Accident Report
To get a secure copy of your accident report, visit our accident report portal.
Safe Medication Disposal for Households
Old Westbury Police Headquarters has available a medication collection box for disposal of prescriptions and over the counter medications.
- To report an outage, visit PSEG LI.
- New York State Department of Motor Vehicles MV-104 (Report of Motor Vehicle Accident) Form (PDF)
- The Safe Center LI: The mission of the Safe Center LI is to protect, assist and empower victims of family violence and sexual assault while challenging and changing social systems that tolerate and perpetuate abuse.
- identitytheft.gov To report identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission and resources for victims of identity theft.
- https://www.villageofoldwestbury.org/FormCenter/Contact-Forms-4/Virtual-Gated-Community-Project-57 Virtual Gated Community project forms